Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Exercising is fun again.



















I am definetly not the type of person to exercise. I have no discipline to go to the gym and spend way too much time in front of the computer screen. Fortunately, my love for dancing is inconditional. But bringing gymnastics into a funky percussive disco track (think of a superband with MU, Boredoms and Les Georges Leningrad produced by Larry Levan) might just help to work my cardio even more. Misen Gymastics by Japanese artist Oorutaichi was brought to my ears by DFA resident dj Tim Sweeney during his always pleasant Beats In Space radio show. It is definetly the sweetest track I heard so far in this new year (it was actually released last September).

Listen and jump around your flat like the 12 years old girl you really are :

Oorutaichi - Misen Gymnastics

There is a 12" out there on Bear Funk Records featuring a remix by the Idjut Boys. I command you to buy it. And for those of you in Montreal, Tim Sweeney will be deejaying at the Juan Maclean / Duchess Says show on Sunday February 5th at Club L'Ambi. More info on the Blue Skies Turn Black page.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was very happy with your last 2 posts but this one doesn't have a pic with B.O.O.B.I.E.S.!!!

18:40  
Blogger Why Alex, Why? said...

so sorry Su. Hope i can make it up on the next post.

19:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my g. this is AMAZING

10:50  
Blogger 20jazzfunkgreats said...

Dan at http://www.19-t.com/ made me a video mash-up of this guy, and it is awsome...i should youtube it at some point...

12:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

01:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home